Members of Loantanka-Parsippanong Chapter meet on scheduled dates from October through May, usually at 1 PM in the vicinity of Madison and Parsippany-Troy Hills, Morris County, New Jersey.
During our 2014/5 year, our meeting programs have included a tour of an 18th century house; a presentation on Women and the Law; a talk on the Revolutionary War in NJ; and a presentation on the DAR Schools.
All were very exciting and informative.
On the local level, our activities have included:
- Donating food and diapers to a local food pantry.
- Collecting cancelled stamps for a veterans group.
Collecting boxtop "education" points which convert to money for education.
- Participating in the local Veterans Day program.
- Creating hand-made scarves and hats for Operation Gratitude, who sends them to military personnel around the world.
- Supporting the Wounded Warrior Program.
- Supporting the local Literacy Volunteers of Morris County by providing requested needed books.
- Creating and selling items as a fundraiser to support our local scholarship fund.
Our members continually promote the awareness of our national historic
If you would like to attend one or more of our meetings,
we encourage you to contact Ruth Westerfiled.
Please contact the webmaster for events and dates.